Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Popping type R

  1. #11
    Inactive Member delsho's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2000
    Posts
    16
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Exclamation

    This is my 1st post...I come to this board
    a lot to read but I never post. Well, here
    it goes:

    I KNOW THIS TYPE-R AND IT ISN'T ALL THAT
    FAST LIKE YOU GUYS SAID.

    We're all hearing SVP were kicking some
    ass down at Milpitas....so there me and
    my friends bring one of our car down there
    to race. This was last month or so.

    We raced that yellow SVP type-r and we beat
    that car w/ a passenger in the car.

    his setup that i heard is
    type-r, all bolt-ons, at Spring Jam CMI,
    he dail-in a 14.5 (fast?), the 2nd time
    North vs. South...he was in mid-13s, one
    streetracing.org he saw his car pic w/ a
    13.7 all motor on the side window.
    his car sounded really crazy....just like
    you guys said. I've heard he hit 13s, but
    at Spring Jam CMI, he dail in 14.5, the next
    CMI I think he's in 13s...high-13s. His motor
    sounds really different...I heard (rumor)
    that he got headwork and some cams. maybe
    not.

    our setup that nite:
    94 del sol w/ a 95 gsr motor, t03/t04 turbo
    running 5-6lbs w/ a 2.5 exhaust w/ cat on,
    intercooled of course. but that is it.
    stock suspension, 14" del sol rims w/ stock
    tires. total cost of this car $10g +/-
    we beat him twice...not much, only one car
    length. could have done better but we get
    no traction at all on 1st gear, we did
    12s on this car at the track on slicks.

    just sharing my story racing that yellow
    SVP R...they do have fast cars...much
    props to them.

    Peace.


  2. #12
    Inactive Member CivicR's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 8th, 1999
    Posts
    901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey guys the popping sound when at the rev-limiter very well could have been a two stage rev limiter...it works with the MSD and limits the launch rpm's for a good launch...and then it limits the rpm's at the top end so you dont over rev when you power shift...the popping is from the MSD alternating spark to the different cylinders...and that would also explain the fire coming out of the exhaust...being that there was left over fuel that wasnt ignited because the MSD didnt fire that cylinder...and it was just burning on the way out from the heat

    ------------------
    John
    B18C1 powered Civic EX Coupe
    '92 Civic VX Hatch...waiting for H22A

  3. #13
    Inactive Member BurntGSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 26th, 2000
    Posts
    393
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ok, it looks like one of my LS1 brethern is already setting up a race before I even talked with him. This group does hang with the larger import group and from what I was told, they talk lots of shit and have so so cars. A black 98 SS will be racing him that's got nothing major (as far as power, all handling) for power mods. He's got a cutout and that's about it. He should give this Type R an asswhipping because the driver knows what he's doing, especially on a race track (not strip).

    Delsho. thanks for the story/info, it matches totally with what I hear about the car as well.

    We have to all get together and hang with the group I chill with some night. You can see some interesting cars race ;o). No Nitrous for a while on my car but the current setup pulls nicely and I'd be glad to give rides tongue. I still want a ride in someone's turbo GSR damn it. BLWNGSR sold his before I got a freakin' ride.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member BLCK ITR#666's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 17th, 2000
    Posts
    18
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That car sounds crazy at first i thought its was the firebird or trans am that was making all that noise.But it does sound good, anyways i seen the same car loose or at least hanged with a four door gsr (w/nos?????) But the car is fast and it does look faster then mid 13's...

    ------------------
    2000 FBP I.T.R. #666
    2000 FBP CIVIC SI (STOCK)
    HTTP://WWW.BLACKITR666.ACURAPOWER.COM

  5. #15
    Inactive Member Turismo's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 10th, 1999
    Posts
    557
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey BurntGSR,

    Have you made it to the track with your new beast yet??

    Just curious of the times the LS1 is capable of. Especially with the big meats on the back.

  6. #16
    Inactive Member BurntGSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 26th, 2000
    Posts
    393
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've only done street playing so far the clutch decided to finally go so I have to wait until after the clutch is fixed/upgraded (getting an aftermarket clutch this time). This is a '98 that's been roughed on a couple of tracks and ton of 1/4 mile runs. The previous owners (my best buddy) best runs so far (when he's went) with a slipping (stock) clutch at the time of those runs too. I'll dig up the track slips sometime soon.

    NA
    13.1 (11" wide daily driven street tires - NOT ET streets, forgot 60' and trap speed)

    NOS 150 shot wet
    11.7 @ 120MPH (DR's were used, clutch was slipping bad, 60' was slower than expected)
    11.4 is what we should be running with the power we're making.

    Oh yeah, this was all done with a full competition type stereo (2 12's, amps, etc.), no gutted anything, no suspension removed or adjusted. Full street trim.

    The car has only exhaust (headers/y-pipe,catback) and intake mods (whisper lid, granateli MAF) and the NOS for power. The rest of the mods are for handling basically. Oh and a 12-bolt rear end to be safe.

    Here is a dyno on the NOS (445 WHP/536 WTQ corrected). The NA run was at about 348 WHP. I'll try to dig that one up too.

    NOS Dyno

    [This message has been edited by BurntGSR (edited September 05, 2000).]

  7. #17
    Inactive Member Rboosted717's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 5th, 2000
    Posts
    690
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Jesus, talk about power! How are you making that much power NA? You will totally kill him smile Do you want to meet up Sat night, and see if he will race you? If so E-mail me, and I will call you to get details. (my E-mail is [email protected]).

    ------------------
    Mike Marsey
    '98 ITR #0717
    Supercharged!

  8. #18
    Inactive Member FoxRocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 2nd, 1999
    Posts
    247
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Do remember that Sil is driving an LS1 Camero which already has about, what, 320hp from the factory.

    Sean

    ------------------
    ----
    99 GS-R w/ JRSC@6PSI. ES torque mounts & shift stabilizer kit. Oh..And a filter onna stick.

  9. #19
    Inactive Member BurntGSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 26th, 2000
    Posts
    393
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Nod I have an LS1 SS now and my integra looks like it's gone today. Total steal for 13.5k with springs/rims/swaybar etc.

    Yeah 320 WHP in a "high" stock LS1 Camaro M6 dyno. An average is about 310 for an M6. Auto's are typically 10 WHP less from what I've seen.

    Here is the monster:

    GC low ride

    [This message has been edited by BurntGSR (edited September 05, 2000).]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •